U-PICK & Spring Garden Celebration
Join us in the garden!
- U-Pick Produce: Pick your own salad greens, herbs, edible flowers, and more!
- Hands-on Demos: Learn how to properly plant seedlings, harvest greens, and sheet mulch in mini garden demos.
- Ask a Gardener: Bring your gardening questions and get them answered by our local garden experts.
RSVP to claim your spot. All attendees who RSVP will receive a FREE container garden kit (2 plant starts, seed packet, free bag of compost or potting soil, and a pot to grow everything in).
IN-PERSON CLASS OPTION
Sign up for a time slot (below) to participate in a small group class with a hands-on demo! Class will be held outside in the garden with small, limited-sized groups following COVID-19 safety procedures.
We are offering this class twice - you only need to sign up for one date/time:
Saturday, June 12 at New Holly Market Garden
Thursday, June 17 at Rainier Beach Learning Garden
Find directions here.
If you are unable to attend the class, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can open up your spot for another students.
COVID 19 SAFETY INFORMATION
Class will be held outside in the garden with small, limited-sized groups following COVID-19 safety procedures.
All class participants must wear masks/face coverings at all times and maintain 6' distance from participants outside of their household whenever possible.
Please do not come to class if you are feeling ill or have been exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19.
Thank you for your efforts to help keep our community healthy!
WHAT TO BRING
We recommend you come to class with the following:
- A mask/face covering
- Appropriate clothing and shoes for the weather - class will be held outside rain or shine!
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- A water bottle / snacks
- Gardening gloves if you have them
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn!
We will have masks, hand sanitizer, and gardening gloves available. All other class materials will be provided.